Senior Corporate Communications Policy Specialist – European policy comms for an iconic global brand
One of the world’s most iconic brands is seeking a Senior Corporate Communications Policy Specialist to support its business across Europe. You will be responsible for developing and rolling out campaigns to support its European policy objectives and be a key team member of the EU issues management team.
There is flexibility on where the role is based, with a number of major European cities being viable.
This is essentially a hybrid role, sitting within the corporate comms team, but requiring someone with a strong understanding of policy and government relations related matters.
Working with both corporate comms and public policy teams you will devise and implement strategies to protect and enhance the company’s reputation. That means taking key policy themes (for example competition, anti trust, digital tax) and developing key talking points to help influence policy debate on the public facing side. This includes building narrative for the media, what they might say in speeches, what events it would be advisable to speak at, and which third party commentators to engage.
Key requirements for this role include:
– a corporate communications pedigree
– extensive experience in dealing with EU policy campaigns and a strong knowledge of European public affairs
– strong understanding of the European media landscape
– an understanding of the nuances of different European markets, from a comms perspective. What works in one country may not work in another
– enjoy working with international business and PR teams
– able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
– excellent internal stakeholder management skills
The successful candidate will benefit from a highly attractive salary and benefits package.