Senior Comms Lead – corporate comms, storytelling & issues management for an innovative global brand
An iconic global brand is looking for a senior corporate comms practitioner to lead comms activity for one of its best known and most innovative business areas.
The focus of the role will actually be on the company’s activity in the field of books and publishing, managing proactive and reactive media relations in the UK, and working with teams across Europe and in the US.
As such, someone with previous book industry / publishing experience would be attractive. However, this is not a barrier to entry, and a genuine interest in the sector would suffice. This is because ultimately the key for this team is to find someone with a strong background in strategic corporate comms, issues management, and media relations / storytelling.
On a daily basis you will be dealing with very senior stakeholders across the business globally, act as communications business partner to several leadership teams, and will have big decisions to make. Consequently the role demands a highly experienced practitioner with genuine gravitas.
Other desired criteria include:
– experience creating long-term, comprehensive communications campaigns that include both earned and owned media to reach multiple audiences
– a pedigree of creative storytelling mixed with management of meaty corporate issues
– an extremely strong bias for action and sense of ownership
– the ability to mix strategic comms planning with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done. This is not a place for job snobbery
– a willingness to obsess over details, and display poise and sophistication in fast-moving situations
The role comes with a highly competitive package.