Leadership Communications Coach – advising C-suite clients of global companies on reputation management
A rare opportunity has arisen with one of the most outstanding strategic communications consultancies in the industry. It is a looking for a Leadership Communications Coach to join a small specialist team within the agency, delivering communications coaching to senior clients to help leaders to prepare for critical conversations where reputation is at stake. This will often include media training, but the activity will range more widely to cover keynote speaking, investor calls, counsel around challenging stakeholder meetings, company results and internal presentations.
The team is constantly looking for new and differentiated coaching products, helping clients to build new skills and meet new challenges in today’s fast-changing media and communications landscape. For this role they are specifically seeking someone with digital news editorial experience.
Key requirements include:
– several years’ experience in journalism, either for a national broadcaster or a national newspaper
– comfortable working one-to-one at board or CEO level (incl. FTSE 100 companies). This includes the confidence to carry the room when conversations are difficult
– the ability to ask the right questions and interrogate client business strategy to help write an impactful narrative
– an exceptionally confident presenter who can suitably persuade, influence and solve problems for senior clients and colleagues across a number of sectors
– ideally a mix of general news experience and financial news reporting. Familiar with covering company financial results, M&A activity and other business news
– previous experience delivering media training will be useful, but not essential
The role includes:
– preparing senior clients for a range of communication challenges
– working with account teams and clients to plan, create and deliver bespoke sessions based on complex briefs
– client relationship management: opportunity-spotting, developing proposals for projects, tailoring coaching programmes to meet individual client needs
– supporting client teams across the agency with advice on current media trends, media execution of campaign ideas, advice on specific news outlets and journalists where possible
– supporting the wider agency’s new business drive as required, joining or advising pitch teams and generating new leads
– strengthening client relationships, spot opportunities and help unlock new business
– building a strong network of effective relationships internally and externally
– international travel is required as the team is regularly required to support its global clients. Long haul is infrequent, other UK locations and EU are more frequent, so flexibility is important
This really is a stunning opportunity to join an agency which is incredibly rigorous in its planning and execution and continues to set the standard for all consultancies in the industry.