Head of Communications for a rapidly-growing, disruptive, innovative, fintech startup
I have a fascinating opportunity for someone interested in the fintech space. My client is a disruptive, innovative startup – one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven companies focused on the new mobility era. This is particularly interesting time to join the company as it is aiming to double in size in 2020, pursuing an aggressive growth path into new territories, markets, and verticals.
It is looking for a Head of Communications, working on a platform that covers multiple territories including the UK, New York and new European countries as it expands. You will be responsible for comms around growing the presence of the global brand, as well as driving campaign-led PR.
This is a close-knit, stimulating and friendly environment with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of autonomy. However, whilst you’ll be reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, and joining a friendly marketing team of nine, you will be the sole PR resource initially. As such the role requires someone who is willing and able to combine both strategic planning and hands on execution. Someone who will thrive working in an agile, unstructured, very fast paced environment.
The role will be split between corporate (70% of focus), consumer (20%) and internal (10%) comms. You will work relentlessly to find compelling news hooks, stories and industry trends, and in turn the media, agencies and freelance networks to land coverage in key markets. You will also work collaboratively with the marketing team, the leadership team, key spokespeople around the business, and the people team, to ensure the company is on the map on a global scale, and to create an environment where employee engagement is high and every person in the team feels informed, engaged and heard.
The company’s recruitment is ultimately driven by aptitude and passion. However, the following criteria are a good guide to what’s required:
– a senior PR specialist, ideally with startup (in particular fintech), and/or regulated industry experience
– strong media/industry contacts
– the ability to expertly seed stories to tier 1 media
– highly proactive and experienced in turning data into news content
– experience managing relationships with PR agencies in multiple markets
– can turn your hand to both corporate and consumer PR
– experience in both traditional and digital PR, with knowledge of SEO.
– the ability to coach and support executives in media interviews and speaking opportunities, helping to articulate their ideas into usable content
Please note, the role will be based, at least some of the time, in the company’s beautiful Brighton office, Brighton being recognised as a digital tech hub. However the company is highly supportive of flexible and remote working and can offer access to any WeWork in London.