Account Manager – crisis comms linked to major global issues
I have an opportunity for someone who is interested in crisis communications, but who is also open to something particularly entrepreneurial.
My client is a new consultancy, set up by a highly impressive industry figure, with a background in strategic and crisis comms, including fascinating international relations activity. In just 12 months an array of clients have come knocking at their door, all of whom bring meaty reputational challenges.
The team is looking for an Account Manager to work primarily in its issues and crisis department. You will get to work on the most exciting crises that have recently been in the headlines, and projects that truly matter and will make a difference. The nature of the work is complex and challenging, while at the same time highly rewarding.
Whilst crisis activity from a media perspective will be part of the role, the team’s activity runs deeper than that, including more technical activity such as scenario planning and business strategy. As such the role will suit someone genuinely excited by what crisis comms represents: the pressurised, sensitive mature of the work, the idea of working with lawyers and clients on complex issues, the focus on genuinely strategic counsel, messaging and analysis.
The issues and crisis department, while set up only six months ago, has grown rapidly and with an expectation that will continue. However, this hire must have a desire to support on other strategic comms activity across the business when required. All of which is rooted in campaigns that genuinely matter, and work that is exclusively linked to major global issues.
Key criteria include:
– previous experience in crisis and issues communications
– excellent writing skills
– a strategic thinker with the foresight to anticipate potential developments, and think five steps ahead
– quick minded – able to think on your feet, while remaining strategic, and not make decisions on a whim
– given the nature of the work you will require the ability to remain calm and collected even under pressure and in stressful decision times. This is crucial as clients require a steady and reliable hand that emanates this
– autonomy – you will be eager to lead work and campaigns independently with little oversight
– an entrepreneurial spirit – this is a young business that deeply cares about the work that it does and the business that it grows. As such, it is vital that you are entrepreneurially minded with an eagerness to be part of seeing it grow and succeed.