Account Director – strategic, global brand PR, including fascinating social purpose activity
This highly respected strategic communications consultancy boasts a client list that any global agency would be proud of. It excels at bringing a particularly consultative and intelligent approach to consumer brand PR, priding itself on working with brands that do well by doing good. It is looking to recruit a first rate Account Director, with a client portfolio focusing on fascinating global activity, possibly with some UK work mixed in.
‘Strategy’ is a term banded around a lot in the industry, but this agency definitely sits at the strategic end of the consumer PR spectrum. As such, the ability to combine strong analysis, strategic thinking and planning, with powerful creativity is a must. Instead of execution and project management.
The emphasis is very much on delivering global, strategic brand campaigns with personality and developing world-class brand narratives and stories. The team is looking for someone with business intelligence, excellent strategic thinking, demonstrable leadership skills and proven creative capabilities. You will get exposure to big brands with big budgets, including fascinating, creative campaigns around those brands’ social purpose activity.
Unlike in some agencies, the team is relatively lean at the more senior levels. As such the expectations at Account Director level are high, but so too are the opportunities for ownership and growth.
Desired skills and experience include:
– experience in developing sophisticated and strategic client proposals, ensuring the work is always bespoke and of a high quality
– experience working as part of integrated agency teams to ensure that PR takes a lead role in cross discipline strategic planning, and have the ability to demonstrate value of this model to clients
– ideally experience working with big FMCG brands as you will need to understand and cope with the pace and quality expectations of working with large organisations
– comfortable giving strategic counsel to senior clients
– the ability to inspire and coach teams to deliver strategic and creative work
– experience in being part of pitch processes and identifying organic growth opportunities across accounts
– a strong grasp of commercials and forecasting
– a belief that quality is king, and close attention to detail
This is a non-hierarchical agency that is passionate about encouraging personal development and creating a working environment in which its people truly enjoy coming to work.