Account Director – consumer & brand PR for brands connected to UK Afro Caribbean culture
My client is a global, mid-sized integrated communications agency, born from PR roots. It’s approach combines the best elements of high-end creativity with breakthrough strategic thinking, and its culture is best described as progressive and collaborative.
It is on the hunt for an Account Director to join its consumer and brand team. Specifically focusing on two of the team’s most exciting umbrella brand/portfolios – both are high profile, brave, and rooted in Afro Caribbean culture. As such the team is keen to find someone with a strong and genuine understanding of UK Afro Caribbean connected communities and culture. As well as strong knowledge of the British music scene, particularly grime, drill, hip hop/rap, R&B, afrobeats, afro swing and bashment/dancehall.
Other key criteria include:
– experience of the food & drink sector advantageous but not imperative
– experience in creating and managing events
– a finger on the pulse for consumer and cultural trends and goings-on
– strong understanding of social channels and content creation
– experience with sourcing and managing talent and influencers
As well as working with these clients, you will play a key role in new business pitches and must be experienced in this area – comfortable in collaborating on, and contributing to, pitch proposals and be a cool, confident presenter.